MacKinnon Touts College of Pharmacy Successes During Annual Address
On Wednesday, March. 18, Dean Neil MacKinnon, PhD, gave his condition from the college address in summary the praise-worthy accomplishments from the James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy throughout the 2016-2017 academic year.
“It is among our goals to coach everybody to become a leader, to produce a caring, compassionate attitude making transformations in the college by doing stuff that nobody else does in the world,Inches states MacKinnon, that has observed the college’s proper plan—Lead, Care, Transform—come to fruition through numerous faculty, student and staff efforts.
These accomplishments incorporated:
- Finishing a $34 million renovation towards the college’s physical plant, to incorporate a brand new auditorium, new classrooms and laboratories and new student spaces.
- Receiving $1.3 million in donations from 485 contributors in fiscal year 2017, with three new endowments, and growing a lively alumni base.
- Recognizing the very first cohort of scholars inside a lately offered graduate certificate and master’s enter in pharmacy leadership.
- Creating two academic programs in China, supplying a master’s degree in cosmetic science with Chongqing Medical College along with a master’s degree in drug development with Xiamen College.
- Raising student enrollment within the college from 457 students in 2013 to 505 in 2017.
- Growing research funding from $8.9 million in 2015-16 to $9.3 million in 2016-2017.
- A 94.4 % first-time pass rate around the United States Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX) exam, when compared with condition average of 92 percent, and also the national average of 90 %.
- A 96.1 % first-time pass rate around the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination (MPJE) exam, over a condition average of 92 percent, along with a national average of 85 %.
- New study abroad possibilities for PharmD students in Chile in 2017and in Scotland and Italia in 2018.
Furthermore, MacKinnon highlighted the effectiveness of the practice partner collaborations, that provide students the chance to understand first-hands what section of pharmacy attracts them as well as their passion. Also, he noted the critical role of advocacy and gave types of how students are involved in the shaping of legislation inside the profession.
MacKinnon, whose contract was restored in 2017 for the next five-year term, has already been searching towards the future.
“Our goal for the coming year would be to hold ourselves accountable on the new proper intend to observe how we’re doing in every area to ensure that we are able to focus and sharpen on regions of improvement,” he states.